Send As SMS

Saturday, October 01, 2005

First Entry

I take photos using older, manual film cameras not because they are 'better' than modern, more automated cameras but because I want to and like them.
I spend a tremendous amount of my life in front of a computer screen and wherever I turn or whatever I do these days there seems to be a significant amount of electronics, automation and other modernifications.
Now, I'm not Amish - and most of the time I enjoy and depend on this level of modern comfort - but photography has for me become an outlet for a creative side of me where I choose to try to keep my tools as basic and manual as possible without giving up on quality and easy of use.

Photos posted on this site will all be made by manual film cameras (35mm or medium format) without any commercial intent.

It is my intent to present photos here and to address both the technical aspects of it - as well as my thoughts and feelings at the time the photo was taken.

Welcome.

/Rich Silfver

5 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Happy to hear that there are others like me out there ;-)

October 02, 2005 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, brother. Most other people seem to be going digital... I've found myself going backwards, right up to a 1930 Zeiss Ikonta.

October 15, 2005 4:07 PM  
Blogger Jim Scolman said...

Good morning, I came upon your site a few days back, i agree with your ideas, but you might want to get rid of the pop-ups. Thanks Jim.

October 25, 2005 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog Rich. JimG

March 11, 2006 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice and refreshing. There is something special in B&W and the challange and the control that "no batteries included" photo equipment and the human eye provide. Keep it up!

June 19, 2006 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home