Send As SMS

Monday, June 12, 2006

Contax IIIa - photo samples

Finally got the first two rolls that I put through my new-old Contax IIIa w/ a Sonnar 50/1.5 lens developed.
Initial impressions is that the lens is quite sharp and that it renders the out of focus areas in a rather pleasing way. The negatives could have used a tad more contrast but I was shooting without both hood and filter on and will try to remedy that for future shoots. I used the camera again for a few days ago (I also happened to use a recently acquired Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35 (review/write-up coming soon!) and my Leica M3 on the same day) - and sigh..I have to say that I sometimes question why I'm bothering with any rangefinder camera apart from my M3. The viewfinder and handling on the M3 is simply incredible and outperforms most any camera I've ever tried.

Having said that - change is good and if nothing else it's fun to mix it up with various cameras.

Below are some samples from the very first rolls through the Contax IIIa (w/ Sonnar 50/1.5 lens). Enjoy.




1 Comments:

Blogger jv said...

You have me GAS'ing for gear Rich, I really love the look of these images (the smooth rendition looks superb, especially for portraits). A bit like the Jupiter-8 I have, but these are even smoother, and overall simply better, for lack of a better word.

Anyway, I've looked at your blog several times and while I enjoy the gear descriptions, I'm glad to see some pictures because your work is really outstanding. Wish you'd post more images here!

Best regards, Jonas

June 14, 2006 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home