Send As SMS

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Dogs In Pond, 1933

Well, the photo wasn't taken in 1933 - but the equpment used is from around that time: Leica III (F) and Elmar 50/3.5
I'm often impressed by what this 70+ year old equipment can produce but I am also aware of that this uncoated lens is no match for most any lens produced in the last 50 years or so.

Would the photo had been 'better' had I used a brand new Summicron 50/2 or some other high-end modern glass?
'Better' is a very subjective word - it would most likely had been sharper and more contrasty and I may not had gotten the slight flaring I see on the left side of the photo. So yes, maybe it would had been 'better' in those regards but there is something about using this kit that keeps me coming back to it.

It could just be because it is so much fun to use. :)

Leica III (F) and Elmar 50/3.5 lens (1933)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home