Send As SMS

Monday, January 08, 2007

What a Trip - Part #2

I finally had the roll of Tri-X, that I put through my Olympus Trip 35, developed and scanned (more about the camera here: "What a Trip - Part#1") - and here are some of the frames from that film.









For being a fairly 'modestly' equipped camera I think it performed very well.
The built-in non-battery dependent meter seemed to be spot-on in almost every frame and it was quite fun to guesstimate the focusing distance when taking photos. In essence 'all' that was left was to compose and snap photos.
I will absolutely bring one of my Trips out again in the very near future - and if you have 10-15 dollars to spare so can you :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - I like the look of these. I have had great difficulty scanning BW films, even XP2. Any tricks you can suggest?

January 12, 2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Thanks.
I have a fairly simple scanning setup/process.

I use an Epson 3200 flatbed scanner and Vuescan scanning software.

I tend to always scan on 1600 or 3200 dpi with two passes (setting in vuescan) that brings out a bit more details. I scan as b&w transparencies - and that's about it.

I use CS2 PS and apply sharpening, curves and brightness/contrast there. I also mix up and add a duotone as well before I save the final file.

January 12, 2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Will said...

That is strange. I could've sworn that I left a comment on this post. It was the third comment, asking about one of the pictures.

Rich, if you had deleted my comment, may I know what I've said that may have offended you?

If not, than could it be that the Blogger engine just kicked my comment out?

Hmmm... strange indeed.

January 19, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Will, sorry I must have deleted your post by mistake when I was playing around with the moderation feature.
And yes, the photo is of our fellow RFF'er :)

January 19, 2007 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home